The Freedom Programme
This is a 10 Week Programme
The Freedom Programme examines the roles played by attitudes and beliefs on the actions of abusive men and the responses of victims and survivors. The aim is to help them to make sense of and understand what has happened to them, instead of the whole experience just feeling like a horrible mess.
The Freedom Programme also describes in detail how children are affected by being exposed to this kind of abuse and very importantly how their lives are improved when the abuse is removed.Topics Covered
- The Bully
- The Badfather
- The Headworker
- The King of the castle
- The Persuader
- The sexual Controller
• Smashes things.
• Puts you down.
• Tells you you’re too fat, too thin, ugly, stupid, useless etc.
• Stops you from working and seeing friends.
• Tells you what to wear.
• Keeps you in the house.
• Seduces your friends/family.
• Says you are a bad mother.
• Turns the children against you.
• Uses access to harass you.
• Threatens to take the children away.
• Persuades you to have ‘his’ baby, and then refuses to help you care for it
• Treats you as a servant/slave.
• Says women are for sex, cooking and housework.
• Expects sex on demand. • Controls all the money.
• Denies any abuse.
• Says it was ‘only’ a slap.
• Blames drink, drugs, stress, over-work, you, unemployment etc.